For regulatory reasons, residents of certain jurisdictions should not enter this site without the express prior permission of Riverstone Energy Limited. By clicking “Accept and Enter Site” below you confirm that you are not a resident of the United States (and are not a “US Resident” as that term is defined below) or of any other jurisdiction where accessing this site might constitute a violation of the relevant laws or regulations of such jurisdiction (or, if you are, you are accessing the site while outside those jurisdictions or, for US Residents, have Riverstone Energy Limited's express permission to use this site as set out below under the heading "US Residents") and you accept the terms and conditions set out below for accessing this website.
None of the material on the website that you are seeking to access constitutes an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned on the website in any jurisdiction or jurisdictions in which such offers or sales are unlawful, including prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. In particular, the securities mentioned in the website have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or exemption from registration under the Securities Act and other securities laws. There will be no public offer of these securities in the United States. Offers and sales of these securities, and distribution of the related information, may also be subject to restrictions in other jurisdictions.
Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions set out below apply to your use of Riverstone Energy Limited's website. Please read them carefully before proceeding. By clicking and entering http://www.riverstone-energy.com/ you agree that you have read and accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, do not use http://www.riverstone-energy.com/.
“Riverstone Energy Limited” means Riverstone Energy Limited and any of its subsidiaries, its investment undertakings and related companies or undertakings and references to the “Riverstone Energy Limited website” includes the text, images, links, sounds, graphics and video sequences displayed on this website, http://www.riverstone-energy.com/, its sub-pages and any associated websites (the “Materials”).
The information in the Riverstone Energy Limited website is intended only for the attention of the residents of jurisdictions where it can be lawfully disseminated and, in some jurisdictions, only for those categories of persons may who are legally permitted to view such materials. It is your responsibility to be aware of and to observe all applicable laws and regulations for your country of residence. If you are not permitted to view materials on the Riverstone Energy Limited website or are in any doubt as to whether you are permitted to view these materials, please do not click on the “Accept and Enter Site” button at the bottom of this page. By proceeding to access the Riverstone Energy Limited website, you are deemed to be representing and warranting that the applicable laws and regulations of your jurisdiction allow you to do so.
No information contained in these pages should be taken as a recommendation or offer to buy, sell or hold the shares of Riverstone Energy Limited. Nothing on the Riverstone Energy Limited website or in the Materials constitutes or is intended to constitute financial or other advice and you should not act upon any information contained on the Riverstone Energy Limited website or in the Materials without first consulting a financial or other professional adviser.
Riverstone Energy Limited and its affiliates are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement sets out the personal information which we collect from you, or that you provide to us and explains how it will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully. By clicking “Accept and Enter Site” below, you are agreeing and consenting to the provision and use of your personal information as described in this statement.
For the purpose of this statement, "We" means Riverstone Energy Limited of Heritage Hall, PO Box 225, Le Marchant Street, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 4HY, Channel Islands.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our email alerts, request investor information and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information and other such data.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, investment managers, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you (for example, your previous acceptance of these terms and conditions).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about products or services we provide that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Our investment managers and third party advisors.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we change our investment manager or sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to our new investment manager or the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Riverstone Energy Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these terms and conditions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of anti-money laundering, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Relevant data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Limitation of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be taken to limit or exclude any liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law. Use of the Riverstone Energy Limited website and the Materials are at your sole risk. Riverstone International Limited is the investment manager of Riverstone Energy Limited. Neither Riverstone Energy Limited nor Riverstone International Limited will be liable to any person for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, losses, damages or awards of any kind, howsoever caused, as a result of the use of or inability to use, or reliance on, the Riverstone Energy Limited website or any of the Materials. Riverstone Energy Limited excludes all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and representations (excepting fraudulent misrepresentation) of any kind, express or implied, statutory or common or customary law or otherwise in connection with the Riverstone Energy Limited website and the Materials to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The value of investments mentioned in the Riverstone Energy Limited website, and the income from them may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount invested. Information on past performance, where given, is not a guide to future performance. Changes in rates of exchange between currencies may cause the value of investments to decrease or increase.
The Materials and the Riverstone Energy Limited website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Riverstone Energy Limited gives no warranties (express, implied or statutory) as to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose of the Materials or that any of the Materials or the Riverstone Energy Limited website will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected. Riverstone Energy Limited has the right to suspend or withdraw the provision of all or any of the Riverstone Energy Limited website or the Material without prior notice at any time. Further, no warranty of any kind is given that the Riverstone Energy Limited website and the Materials are free from any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, program or macro. Riverstone Energy Limited does not warrant that the Riverstone Energy Limited website or the server(s) that make(s) them available are free of any virus or other harmful elements.
Reference in the Riverstone Energy Limited website and/or the Materials to any hypertext link, product, process or service does not imply Riverstone Energy Limited's support for, nor endorsement or recommendation of, the provider thereof or the product, process or service to which reference is made. The Riverstone Energy Limited website may contain hypertext links to other website, resources or other third parties. Riverstone Energy Limited is not responsible for the availability of, and accepts no liability in relation to, these external website or their contents. Riverstone Energy Limited is not a sponsor, partner, promoter or publisher of any of such website. Links to the Riverstone Energy Limited website may not be established without the prior written consent of Riverstone Energy Limited.
Riverstone Energy Limited is a registered closed-ended collective investment scheme registered pursuant to the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1987, as amended, and the Registered Collective Investment Scheme Rules 2008 issued by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission (the “GFSC”). Neither the GFSC nor the States of Guernsey Policy Council take any responsibility for the financial soundness of Riverstone Energy Limited or for the correctness of any of the statements made or opinions expressed with regard to it. No information contained in the Riverstone Energy Limited website and/or the Materials should be taken as constituting an offer to the public in the Bailiwick of Guernsey (the “Bailiwick”) for the purposes of the Prospectus Rules 2008 issued by the GFSC. Such access as may be granted within the Bailiwick shall be to a restricted number of persons who are either (i) persons appropriately licensed under the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1987 (as amended) (the “POI Law”); or (ii) persons licensed under the Insurance Business (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2002, the Banking Supervision (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1994, or the Regulation of Fiduciaries, Administration Businesses and Company Directors, etc, (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2000.
Copyright and trade marks
The Materials are the copyright of Riverstone Energy Limited and its third party licensors and may not be copied, distributed, uploaded, posted, republished, decompiled, disassembled, reverse-engineered or transmitted in any way without the prior, written consent of Riverstone Energy Limited. You may, however, download one copy of the Materials for your personal non-commercial use or non-commercial use within the organisation in which you work on condition that you do not delete or change any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notice contained in the Materials nor alter the way in which they are presented. Modification or use other than as permitted above violates Riverstone Energy Limited's intellectual property rights in the Materials.
The trade marks, service marks and logo (the “Trade Marks”) used and displayed on the Riverstone Energy Limited website are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of Riverstone Energy Limited and others. Nothing in these terms and conditions or on the Riverstone Energy Limited website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any Trade Mark displayed on the Riverstone Energy Limited website. Riverstone Energy Limited enforces infringements of its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
The agreement between Riverstone Energy Limited and you relating to your use and browsing of the Riverstone Energy Limited website is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Island of Guernsey and you agree that the Courts of the Island of Guernsey shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation to such use and browsing. These terms and conditions may not be modified unless Riverstone Energy Limited agrees in writing.
Special rules are applicable when US Residents and other US Persons (as defined below) access the Riverstone Energy Limited website. For US regulatory reasons, US Residents are not permitted to access the Riverstone Energy Limited website (http://www.riverstone-energy.com/), unless they have express permission from Riverstone Energy Limited to do so (which may be granted by Riverstone Energy Limited in circumstances where such US Resident has given Riverstone Energy Limited certain undertakings). Riverstone Energy Limited is not offering any securities or services in the United States or to US residents through the Riverstone Energy Limited website. A "US Resident” includes any US Person, as well as (i) any natural person who is only temporarily residing outside the United States, (ii) any account of a US Person over which a non-US fiduciary has investment discretion or any entity, which, in either case, is being used to circumvent the registration requirements of the US Investment Company Act of 1940, and (iii) any employee benefit or pension plan that does not have as its participants or beneficiaries persons substantially all of whom are not US Persons. In addition, for these purposes, if an entity either has been formed or is operated for the purpose of investing in a particular security or obtaining a particular service, or facilitates individual investment decisions, none of the beneficiaries or other interest holders of such entity may be US Residents. The term "US Resident” also includes (i) persons acting for the account or benefit of a US Resident or (ii) persons in the United States when they are seeking to enter the website. Terms used in this paragraph (including the term “US Person”) have the meanings given to them in Regulation S under the US Securities Act of 1933.